Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Concrete Thought

To balance yesterday's felt post, I thought I would write about the polar opposite of felt today... concrete.


I completely understand that concrete can be a cold surface in a home but I'm not going to lie, I like its look and find it to be an interesting surface. It looks great as flooring, countertops, a sink, furniture or even home decor accessories and rings. Yes, RINGS! {I'm loving those rings!!!} Over the course of rehabbing our house, I've toyed around with putting in concrete countertops in the kitchen. What material could be more durable yet versatile? It can be embellished, stained with pigment, polished or distressed for different looks. If you want to add an element of personalization, items can be placed in the concrete before drying {think: smaller rocks, tiles, a hot pad, etc}.  







1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |

No comments: