Monday, April 16, 2012

DIY Envelope

Last weekend I gave my niece a giftcard for her birthday but rather than put it in a lame white envelope, I decide to make something a little more special. It's very simple to make {I promise}.... see below.


Materials: paper • washi tape • x-acto knife


1 | Trim your paper to an inch larger in width to the gift card and approximately 2.75 to 3 times the height of the gift card for some wiggle room
{the gift card I'm using is 3.5 x 2.5 so my paper is 4.5 x 6.875}

2 | Fold up the bottom part of the paper to cover your gift card and fold down the top part for the flap

3 | Measure the center of the flap area and trim to a "v"

4 | Tape both of the sides of the envelope with washi tape

5 | Insert gift card and seal with washi tape ~ voila! 

No comments: